A celebration of the life of Mrs. Jo Ann Walker, 84, of Henderson, will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, December 5, 2020, in the chapel at Crawford-A. Crim Funeral Home chapel with Danny Menges officiating. The family will receive friends from 12 p.m. until service time on Saturday, at the funeral home. Mrs. Walker passed from this life on November 28, 2020, at her residence. She was born December 27, 1935, in Joinerville to the late Benjamin Franklin and Ethel (Capps) Barker. Jo Ann graduated from Gaston High School in 1954 where she was a majorette with the Red Devil State Champion Band. Shortly thereafter she married the love of her life, Tommy Walker. With Tommy in the military, and later law enforcement, Jo Ann lived in Washington state, Tyler, Garland, Plainview, Springtown, Decatur, Livingston, and for the last 20 years back home in Rusk County. Early on, she worked for General Dynamics where she worked on the electronics for F1-11 planes. While in Livingston, she was the head teller for Bank of Livingston. Jo Ann very much enjoyed traveling with Tommy on his motorcycle and together they visited 49 of the 50 states on the bike. Perhaps above all, she was a devoted mother, raising 4 children. Mrs. Walker also attended Bar None Cowboy Church. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her son, Troy Thomas Walker; and siblings, Mildred Moore, Virginia Brasher, Ethel Capps, and Benjamin Barker Jr. Survivors include her husband of over 66 years, Tommy Walker of Henderson; children, Pam Williams and husband Russell of Asheville, North Carolina, Stephen Walker and wife Mary Ellen of McAllen, and Eleisa Mikulec and husband Tim of Hurst; brother, Rex Barker and wife Lynn of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; sister, Carolyn Sherman of Henderson; grandchildren, Clint, Madison, Jordan, Cione, Sarah, Jacob, Benjamin, Austin, and Alex; great-grandchildren. Hannah, Hillary, Alice, and Rhett; as well as a host of nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.crawfordacrim.com.
- RCSO Deputy Elmore placed on administrative leave
- Henderson to clean up its streets
- Russell 'Rusty' Doyle Instine
- Collision in Smith County takes the lives of multiple Rusk County family members
- First Baptist Church to host inaugural Legacy Women’s Conference
- Karl Wayne Hendrix
- Rusk County crafters stitch up the competition in the annual Texas Make It With Wool contest
- Roy Lee Simmons, Sr.
- Last month’s climbing crime rates weren’t unexpected
- Active cases drop within the county but for how long?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- ASTRALABS Raises $100,000 in First 6 Hours
- Catherine Hilliard Named to Elmiron Product Liability Litigation Plaintiff Steering Committee
- Dax Shepard 'terrified' about relapse confession
- Justin Bieber glad he can 'grow' in relationship
- Tory Lanez wants to speak out
- First Financial Bank Announces Promotion Of Nora P. Thompson To President Of Bryan/College Station Region
- Prosperity Bancshares, Inc.® Announces Stock Repurchase Program
- Manuj Nikhanj Named President of Enverus