The Rusk County Grand Jury indicted 22 individuals this month.
One of them being, Dylan Page Rachal, 19, of Overton.
Rachel was arraigned by Pct. 5 Justice of the Peace Jana Enloe April 1. He is charged with murder, a first degree felony, and capital murder and was held in the Rusk County Jail on a $2 million bond.
Shortly after noon March 29, law enforcement responded to a death investigation in the 1800 block of County Road 156 in the Laird Hill community. During the initial investigation, evidence was obtained that indicated the death of 41-year-old Griselda Contreras was a homicide.
In an investigation by Rusk County Sheriff’s Office officials, leads resulted in two evidentiary search warrants being executed in both Rusk and Gregg County.
According to a probable cause affidavit, Rachal was named as a person of interest in the case and this lead was developed based upon information provided by the family of Contreras.
A suspicious vehicle was also observed by an oilfield worker the morning of March 29 in close proximity to the victim’s residence. The oil field worker took photos of the vehicle and was able to later provide that information to the RCSO. The vehicle was later located at the residence in which Rachal was staying.
According to the affidavit, in an interview with Rachal’s girlfriend, she advised that Rachal made admissions to her that he caused the death of Contreras by shooting her with a firearm during the course of a burglary at her residence. She also told investigators about the items that had been taken during the burglary.
According to the report, Rachal provided a RCSO Investigator with a statement making admissions to the shooting death of Contreras while committing burglary.
Here is a looking at the following indictments returned this month:
• Cerna, Ronnie Michael, aggravated sexual assault of a child;
• Downs, Tina Marie, possession of controlled substance;
• Shubert, Christine Kelly, prohibited substance/item in correctional facility;
• Grelle-Swint, Kimberly Potts, possession of controlled substance;
• Porter, Jermaine Dmon, failure to comply sexual offender duty to register life/annually;
• Rhodes, Daniel Edwin, driving while intoxicated third or more;
• Lewis, Derrick Dwayne, possession of controlled substance;
• Wallingford, Jonathan Todd, possession of controlled substance;
• Dorris, Amber Jade, possession of controlled substance;
• Cooper, Kevin Wade, possession of controlled substance more than or equal to one gram but less than four grams;
• Brown, David Clinton, evading arrest detention with vehicle;
• Starling, Tyler James, evading arrest detention with vehicle or watercraft;
• Scarborough, Benjamin Adam, injury to child/elderly/disabled with intent of bodily injury;
• Piazza, Anthony Joseph III, possession of controlled substance;
• Rusk, Graylin, unlicensed possession of firearm by felon;
• Carr, Ernest Corderiel, evading arrest detention with vehicle; and possession of controlled substance;
• Spriggs, Taquan Rashad, aggravated assault date/family/house with weapon;
• Brown, Johnisha Elena, harassment of public servant;
• Folmer Daphne Darline, possession of controlled substance more than or equal to one gram but less than four grams;
• Skinner, Arthur Lee, burglary of habitation; and
• Rachal, Dylan Page, capital murder by terroristic threat/other felony.