Harassment incidences have increased for the month of June with the Rusk County Sheriff's Office.
Incidences of harassment were up to 11 in June as compared to 4 in May.
Illegal dumping has also spiked with 10 reported last month. There were four illegal dumpings reported in May.
“This was household trash, it wasn’t limbs or leaves,” said Rusk County Sheriff Jeff Price. “In a couple cases we have found mail in their trash so we can track it back. We are filing on those people. If we can ever prove where the trash came from, you’re getting a ticket.”
While burglaries of building, and vehicles dipped in June, burglaries of habitation, increased significantly with 11 counts reported as compared to six in May.
“We had several that windows were knocked out and doors kicked in but they didn’t go inside because something spooked them,” Price said.
Criminal mischief was up to 24 counts reported as compared to 20 in May. The RCSO also reported that criminal trespass were dramatically up last month.
The RCSO reported seven counts of terroristic threat, more than tripling since May. Livestock calls were down by more than 30 counts to 55 in June.
The RCSO had 2,110 total records taken in June, down from 2,333 in May.
Crime statistics, according to reports produced each day by the RCSO and printed in The Henderson News in June, include the following:
• 60 counts of reckless driver;
• 27 counts of miscellaneous theft;
• 24 counts of criminal mischief;
• 23 counts of criminal trespass;
• 17 counts of disturbance;
• 13 counts of simple assault;
• 11 counts of animal cruelty, burglary of habitation, harassment, vehicle stolen;
• Six counts of scam;
• Four counts of burglary of a vehicle, telephone harassment, misdemeanor arrest, felony arrest;
• Three counts of aggravated assault, burglary of building, terroristic threat, theft of service;
• Two counts of deadly conduct, credit card abuse, child endangerment, narcotics, oilfield theft;
• One count of sexual assault, burglary attempted, family violence, ID theft, littering, narcotics delivery, protective order violation, theft of livestock.